Friday, September 3, 2010

Milepost 7,122 (Buffalo/Niagara Falls)

I learned a couple of things today on our trip to Niagara Falls.  First, Niagara Falls is even more fun that I had anticipated.  And I'm an even worse photographer than I had thought.  You see, I took a whole bunch of photos today only to discover when we got back to our hotel that I had accidentally moved a setting on our camera from still photo to video for about half the photos.  Which meant I got a couple of dozen three-second videos.

We began our visit with a ride on the Maid of the Mist, which takes you past both the American falls and the Horseshoe falls.  And they might as well have called it the Maid of the Driving Rain 'cause there was a lot more than mist.  This photo was taken as we were headed toward the Horseshoe falls (and we got closer to the falls than that boat you see in the distance...wish I had the photos to prove it!). 

From there, we went to Cave of the Winds.  I'm not sure why they use the word "cave," because there's no cave involved.   But there is lots of wind and lots of water.  That's me on the "Hurricane Deck," which is less than 20 feet away from Bridal Veil Falls.

American Falls is pictured in the last photo.  Tomorrow, we're going drive along Lake Erie to Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment